Up to £28000 per annum + Bonus
5 months ago
On behalf of a client that operate a large fleet of MAN, Mercedes and Scania Tippers, Road Sweepers and Muck Away Grab Lorries, Due to recent expansion they are currently looking to recruit an experienced HGV fitter for otheir workshop facility in Cardiff.
The position is Monday - Friday, basic hours are 45 hours per week. (Overtime is available). The ideal candidate will be experienced in routine maintenance and repair of all makes of heavy commercial vehicles, light commercial vehicles and ideally possess a HGV licence, relevant education in either City & Guilds or Formally qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in vehicle repair & maintenance preferred albeit not essential if previous experience is proven.
Being able to work unsupervised and complete the necessary documentation is essential as would awareness of health and safety obligations at all times, the successful candidate can expect to enjoy a varied and interesting occupation with a good salary to reflect their skills and dedication to the company.
- Repairing vehicles in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current legislation.
- Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA standards.
- Able to use and understand results from Diagnostic equipment
- Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for annual MOT inspection.
- Good housekeeping routines to meet H&S requirements.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard.
- Utilise all Personal Protective Equipment as necessary.
- To communicate effectively with the Transport & Workshop Managers