£25000 - £30000 per annum
2 months ago
Temp to Perm
My client who is a market leader within the automotve industry are looking to recruit a Health, Safety & Environments officer to join the team.
The role is to report to the operations director on a daily basis and will include the following:-
- Providing guidance and technical expertise to ensure legal compliance and best practise with all Health Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Regulate inspections and audit assessments with the management team resolving any identifying any issues.
- Investigate and collate all information in relation to any accidents/incidents
- Proactive in all on-going and sustainability projects
- Collation of water, energy and gas usage, trends and KPI's
- Ensuring compliance, maintaining a positive health & safety working environment throughout the organisation
- Assist in the co-ordination and organisation of health surveillance, training and development
- Risk Assessments - review and change risk assessments when required to ensure accuracy
This role will require day to day interaction with both internal and external contacts including directors, customers, suppliers, and the manufacturing team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a positive attitude towards Health and Safety
- Be passionate about environmental issues and solutions
- Be a good communicator at all levels both internally and externally
- Be self- motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Have excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Be working with Group Processes and Procedures including Integrated Management Systems
- ISO14001 Environmental Management
- ISO5001 Energy Management
- OHSAS 18001/OH & S 45001
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role in the manufacturing/automotive industry
- Trained trainer in manual handling desirable