Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
£24000 - £26000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client one of the UK's leading Health and Safety consultancies are looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join their successful team based at their site in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
You will visit client sites (South Wales, and some UK wide) and develop a health and safety management system based on the OHSAS 18001 standard (including the provision of health and safety advice, safety inspections, compilation of risk assessments and safe systems of work.)
Responsibilities will include:
* Assist clients with the development of a H&S management system. (Policies, risk assessments, and safe systems of work, etc.)
* Conducting site inspections (Including construction sites) and providing detailed reports of findings with recommendations for the client to implement.
* Conducting Fire Risk assessments.
* Managing designated client base. Including recurring appointments, document reviews, updates, etc.
* Provide H&S training to clients (Manual handling, Fire Awareness, General H&S, etc)
* Assisting clients with all aspects of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ's), H&S accreditation schemes (CHAS, Safe Contractors, SMAS, etc)
* Conduct accident investigations and assist with any RIDDOR requirements in conjunction with the client.
* Assist the client when dealing with enforcement agencies. (HSE, Local authority, etc)
The successful candidate:
* Excellent knowledge of H&S legislation, ideally within a consultancy environment.
* TechIOSH with evidence of CPD.(Essential)
* Experience working within a construction environment and CDM regulations. (Desirable)
* NEBOSH Fire Certificate, or FPA Fire Risk Assessment training. (Desirable)
* NEBOSH Construction certificate. (Desirable)
* Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standard, and auditing of the system
* Full clean driving license and own vehicle.
* Willingness to travel to other UK locations, with possibility of the occasional night away.
* Excellent communication and engagement skills at all levels of business.
* Proven track record of client management with autonomous working.
* Salary up to 26K dependant on experience
* Private health care cover after one years' service.
* Company Phone and Laptop computer.
* Generous mileage allowance.
* Working with passionate, helpful and friendly team.