28 days ago
Main purpose of job:
You will ensure that you manage the incoming receipt process for all Company owned and Customer owned materials into site. You will also be charged with allocating the appropriate resource to minimise receipt delay and to maximise on throughput potential in line with Business demands.
- You will own and maintain the weekly goods receipt schedule and ensure that any material receipt is executed by priority against the set plan.
- You will make sure that all visual matrix boards and trackers are managed and kept up to date at all times.
- You will manage, control and report any overdue material and highlight any overdue material that has the potential to impact on the packaging schedule.
- You will be required to behave responsibly, diligently and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- You will be required to work to the S,Q,D,C principles of the department as outlined below.
- For this position it is a minimum requirement that you hold a full & current UK drivers licence.
- Take care of own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do). Co-operate with others on health & safety, and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for your own health, safety or welfare.
- Responsible to ensure that all vehicles that are on site specifically relating to goods inwards activities are controlled, organised and manoeuvred in a safe manner.
- Take ownership to action and close out SEE cards.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment has been checked,is safe and suitable to be used as outlined in warehouse procedures.
- Conduct Warehouse Safety audits when necessary. Assist with resolving any chemical spills on site in line with COSHH.
- Maintain all areas of goods inwards within the Warehouse complex in line with internal procedures that stem from cGMP and GDP principles.
- Responsible for conducting team briefs that are the result of Capa actions or audit observations in the warehouse.
- Ensure that all internal SOP's are followed at all times
- Responsible for ensuring that any defect in material or the delivery process is captured and documented through the raising of UK external exceptions (SCARS)
- Responsible for ensuring that any internal process failings are captured through the raising of UK Internal exceptions.
- Expected to complete certain Capa actions as required by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Acknowledge and action temperature excursions through the use of the Vaisala system.
- Conduct Warehouse Weekly area audits when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all internal procedures relating to the goods inwards receipting process are kept up to date.
- Resolve stock discrepancies.
- Attend and take actions from all relevant operational meetings to ensure the department is serving the needs of the business.
- Establish and maintain contacts and good working relationships with our Customers and core Material Suppliers to maximise on the potential for pre-defined delivery slots to help improve throughput potential.
- Ensure that all materials are checked and processed in line with internal procedures whilst working closely with goods in QC members to resolve and support with any irregularities relating to material or documentation.
- Ensure that adequate resource is allocated to maintain the materials flow in to the business.
- Work in conjunction the Stores Co-ordinator to ensure that adequate resource is allocated to the Stores area (when required).
- As and when identified and authorised by Warehouse Supervisor, assist with other general warehouse activities or administrative duties required within the department.
- As well as these actions you will still retain all of the responsibilities of the Warehouse Operator - Goods Inwards
Cost/Lean - People
- Assist the supervisor in leading CI projects within the warehouse.
- Ensure all training activities for reporting staff are executed in line with any training development programme.
- Ensure that any training sessions that occur are recorded and documented correctly.
- Ensure that any busy periods brought about through increased business activity or through sickness any necessary overtime is arranged, controlled and agreed with the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Continuously review operational process's within the Goods Inwards area to assess for areas of improvement with regards to improved efficiencies of throughput and space utilisation.