Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
25 days ago
Our client is an innovative global leader in the print and packaging industry sector with an enviable reputation. We are looking for an experienced Gluing Operator to join the busy team on site.
To meet agreed quantity, quality and production schedule targets throughout all folding operations, to include any other job or task required within the organisation. You will be responsible for the operation of a brand new Heidelberg Diana Smart Gluer. You will be expected to perform all make-readies and running of the machine to the correct specification and agreed speeds. You will also be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the machine and the quality of all jobs run within the department.
Salary: Very Competitive
Shift Pattern: 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday 40hrs Night Shift also Available
* Achieving the production schedule at the required quality
* Assuring the health and safety of personnel and safe working practices
* Controlling copy during make-ready and run on to ensure that it meets quality standards
* Driving improvements in process and performance on the folding equipment under the jobholder's control
* Inputting accurate information on all paper work e.g. pallet cards and log books
* To ensure maximum potential output and quality is achieved for the shift period, including setup and permanent adjustment where needed
* To ensure the equipment is maintained to the highest level ensuring optimum performance
* To ensure the working area is kept clean and tidy at all times
* Will be involved actively in staff training and development as required
* To be committed and aware of all technical developments; so that the machine can meet its optimum performance
* To maintain equipment service and safety standards, in conjunction with a tidy, healthy and safe working environment, so that company and statutory obligations are met and that a productive image portrayed to visitor and customer
* To maintain a high standard of housekeeping in all areas of the bindery department.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Must have previous experience within the packaging industry
* Working knowledge of the following: - Heidelberg Diana machinery
* A proven background setting, running and maintaining gluing machines of a similar specification
* Understand the basics of current Health and Safety legislation
* Understand quality standards as it relates to production procedures and processes