£20000 - £23000 per annum
13 days ago
Freight Logistics Operator
Location - Plymouth
Salary - up to £23k DOE
Hours of Work - Full Time - Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
Bonus incentive - to be discussed at interview stage
About the Role
* Preparing and arranging for the shipping / freight of Customers orders for overseas in accordance with Customer instructions.
* Ensuring the correct documentation is raised to achieve payment.
* To operate and facilitate freight enquiries and customer transaction for both import and export services across all modes of Airfreight and EU Road.
* General administration duties revolving logistics.
* Reading customers orders to determine required method of packing, despatch, Terms of payment, Delivery address, case markings, documentary and delivery requirements and distributing documents accordingly.
* Checking worklist daily for items, quantity and order status.
* Create picking lists and shipping documents from inhouse systems and where necessary edit to suit customer requirements.
* Raising export sales and freight and insurance invoices.
* Create and amend Billing documents.
* Distributing documents accordingly.
* Arranging insurance cover where appropriate.
* Supporting with new tendering opportunities.
* Answering customer queries either directly or by reference to Sales & Services / Contracts.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Previous experience in a Freight Forwarding / Logistics environment.
* A detailed knowledge of customs regulations, export documentation and import regulations of overseas countries.
* Computer literacy word, excel and e-mail systems.
* Excellent telephone manner and Customer Service Skills essential.
* Ability to cope well under pressure.