4 months ago
Centric Recruitment's client is looking for an Electrical Engineer at their site in Hay-on-Wye.
Working hours; 8am - 4.00pm
However, it is required that you have a full UK driving licence and own transport due to working on call.
General knowledge of all aspects of DIY.
As the succesful candidate you will be eager to progress. Our client will be looking to put candidates through verious courses and qualifications such as IOSH and contracts management.
Ideally you will have knowledge of GMP/ Manufacturing environment and able to supervise external contractors when on site.
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for the safe electrical operation and maintenance aspects of the facilities functions within control and management of site including:
- The operation and maintenance of the electrical aspects of the facilities function to support the commercial, clinical and generic business streams in order to fulfil current and future business needs.
- The security and fire prevention of all sites including but not limited to appropriate automated monitoring, alarms, systems and procedures
- Electrical facilities support of all the aspects of new product introduction to site relating to facilities department ensuring integration into the routine ways of working and systems.
- Identification of future capital investment projects to improve the business offerings and competitive edge
- Assist and or lead continuous Improvement Projects as required, including all OEE projects to ensure improved efficiencies, reduced waste and cost.
- Assist and or lead product and process reviews to resolve operational, performance and functional issue
- Out of hours call out in response to alarm activations and un-forecasted events
- Key holder and alarm responsibility for entire site. Including opening and locking up, alarm programming and disarming, and investigating alarm activity when required.
- Out of hours planned working, including but not limited to weekends, to provide facilities & utilities support for tasks that cannot be undertaken during routine day time working.
- Installation, set-up, maintenance and reliability of all the electrical aspects of facilities, land, building, plant, services and equipment
- Coordination a site wide lean and robust system for contractor management with direct respectability for the management, cGMP compliance and EHS of contractors while on site and under the control of the facilities department.
- Electrical maintenance of site wide appropriate lean and robust controlled access & monitoring systems and procedures including but not limited to automated local & remote monitoring, access control, visual and audible recording and alarms
- Electrical maintenance of site wide appropriate lean and robust fire prevention & monitoring systems and procedures including but not limited to local fire control equipment, appropriate automated monitoring and alarms.
- Electrical Support Rapid and flexible attention to all Facilities, breakdowns & faults so as to ensure OTIF is adhered to in full and product loss is minimised
- Electrical execution and or co-ordination of all facilities planned preventative maintenance & calibration programme and compliance to include all cGMP impacted instrumentation.
- Ensure all facilities activities are undertaken are in accordance with local, current statutory, regulatory and company EHS, cGMP and Engineering & facilities standards, procedures and systems.
- Responsible for the facilities Electrical aspects of all new process and product introductions including upgrades and or modifications ensuring efficiency is maximised but quality and OTIF are maintained.
- Development and maintenance of the facilities ways of working including but not limited to databases, specifications, templates, SOP's and training.
- Maintenance of the technical Drawing & facilities specification data base and local and statutory registers this is to include the generation, recording, updating, Filing & archiving of withdrawn / superseded of Technical Drawings and associated documentation.
- Deliver products of Value at Optimal Cost.
- Working in conjunction with Procurement to identify preferred suppliers for facilities services and materials.
- Drive a Right First Time culture to deliver a Zero Defect performance.
- Build, develop and sustain the knowledge, capability and competency with the facilities team to support on-going and changing technologies employed to meet the business objectives.
- Energy usage monitoring and reduction programmes
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder's capabilities.