£15.04 - £21.21 per hour
14 days ago
Centric Recruitment's Filton based client is looking for a number of Fabricator's.
ACCOMMODATION NOT PROVIDED
The use of hand, electrical and pneumatic tools and bending machines to shape, form and assemble metal products within drawing limits. Desired abilities to include (but not limited to): · Use of jigs to assemble parts made from stainless steel, titanium or aluminium · Fitting · Swaging · Measuring machinery and jigs · Awareness of recognised quality process, i.e. ISO 9001, AS/EN9100, or similar
1. Ensure parts are produced on a 'right first time' basis
2. Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within date
3. Responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the SAP system
4. Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Process Team Leader
5. To hold first party inspection approval (M02 status is subject to obtaining A stamp approval)
6. Ensure compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities including jig and tool. Report all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions. Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s).
7. Champion 'Export Control' compliance activities, ensuring adherence to the site 'Technology Control Plan (TCP)', guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
Qualifications and Skills - Formal Qualifications
A recognised and relevant apprenticeship or the equivalent NVQ standard
Previous manufacturing experience in a factory environment
Specific Functional Capability, Knowledge and Skills Required;
Ability to understand technical drawings/limits.
Must be able to work in small teams with Process Team Leaders
Self-motivated team player with good communication skills
Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques to support continuous improvement initiatives would be desirable
Qualifications needs to be submitted. Apprenticeship or NVQ 3 or equivalent.
Candidates will be required to pass a Trade Test which takes place at the Filton site - Tools are not required for the Trade Test which will last approximately 3 hours.
Shift: Short period may be required on Core Days whilst training - Monday to Thursday 7am to 4.15pm then the shift is Double Days Monday to Friday 6am to 1pm then 1pm to 8pm alternate weeks.