Manchester, Greater Manchester
21 days ago
Our client is leading manufacturer within its field. Due to their continual growth, they are now looking for an External Sales Engineer to cover the North West Region.
As an External Sales Engineer you will be required to increase sales and profits, to grow the business in line with strategic objectives and agreed targets. The Sales Engineer will contribute to improving the company's market position and achieving financial growth through identifying objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales earnings. You will also have the following responsibilities:
* Report directly to the Head of Sales and will be responsible for managing existing key accounts and winning new business.
* Liaising with other managers and departments within the business and across the group to assist in developing existing and prospective accounts by building key customer relationships ensuring a high level of service and through promotion of the company's services and capabilities.
* To increase sales and profits by winning new business, revisiting dormant accounts, developing established accounts and ensuring all key accounts are properly managed.
* Create a weekly planner and produce customer and monthly activity reports submitting to Head of Sales in agreed timescales.
* Liaise with the marketing department with campaigns for new business and assist if required with exhibitions and other company presentations.
* Maintain an extensive knowledge of market conditions and a good understanding of the products and services that the company offers.
* To meet prescribed sales targets and objectives.
* Previous experience, ideally in a similar role.
* Qualified in an Engineering discipline (desirable)
* Proven success and experience of proactive selling.
* Proven ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with key customers.
* Exposure to Health & Safety and Quality practices and the importance of their correct implementation.
* Experience in B2B sales
* Technical experience.