£9 - £10.5 per hour
4 months ago
Centric Recruitment are currently looking for multi drop delivery drivers to join our team.
You will be responsible for managing your own workload, planning timed deliveries and ensuring customer expectations are repeatedly met. The role is physical and requires a good level of fitness, as the successful candidate will be on the go all day. Some parcels may be up to 35KG.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sorting your parcel consignments to deliver with maximum efficiency & loading your vehicle
- Accurate scanning and checking of items on to the LWB van and reporting any discrepancies or suspected security breaches to the Supervisors
- Complete vehicle checks and report any problems
- Complete deliveries and collections, ensuring any timed deliveries are prioritised and abiding to customer policies and health & safety procedures
- Report any problems you encounter during the day
- End of day - return to depot to unload and any failed deliveries and collections. Must ensure all parcels are accounted for.
- Driver debrief, and paperwork to be handed in to the desk clerk
- Ensure vehicle is cleaned and refuelled ready for next day
- Geographical knowledge of the general area
- Good time keeping & attendance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Competent enough to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Clean full driving licence - held for a minimum of 2 years
- Right to work in the UK
- No criminal record.
- Experience with driving LWB vans
- Previous experience of multi drop delivering