£35000 - £40000 per annum + pension, health, dental
10 months ago
Environmental Engineer £35-40,000 plus benefits depending on experience
To provide a high quality advisory and support service to all departments of the company on environmental issues. To ensure that the company complies fully with all environmental legislation involved in its activities.
* To ensure that a high quality effective environmental management programme is maintained within the company.
* To ensure that all key members of staff are kept fully up-to-date regarding environmental management legislation, their duties and how to discharge them.
* To develop and implement policy documents, documentation and guidelines to meet the requirements of environmental legislations.
* To organise adequate training for new staff and contractors, and to ensure they comply with environmental legislation.
* To ensure that the Environmental Systems are operated and maintained to the highest level.
* To develop links between the company and Natural Resources Wales (NRW), and all other advisory bodies that may assist the company in raising its effectiveness in managing environmental issues.
* To audit and monitor all Environmental Permits held by the company such as EPR, EU ETS, waste water discharge and improve them.
* Attendance at various internal review boards to ensure environmental aspects are considered and the company maintains compliance.
* Assist in maintaining the sites ISO50001 Energy Management certification.
* Maintain an F-Gas register of all refrigerant used on site.
* Maintain an Aspect and Impacts Assessment Programme ensuring planning, organisation, control monitoring and review measures are in place to minimise the potential for environmental impacts.
* Responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination of the Environmental Champions.
* To examine reports and investigate environmental incidents and report as necessary.
* To monitor all environmental related Emergency Response Team operations and training to improve the response in line with best practices.
* Oversee the sites waste management procedures / policies and ensure the site remains in compliance while maximising reclaim potential
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* BSc. in Environmental Science / B Eng. in Environmental Engineering
* IEMA/NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
* 3 years environmental experience in an industrial company
* Knowledge of ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems
* Environmental audit experience
The salary for this role would be circa - £35k to £40k depending on experience and the benefit package would include:
- 24 days holiday to commence with. Plus 8 BH
- Private Medical and dental cover for self.
- Quarterly bonus participation at a max of 10% of salary.
- Notice period would be three months on either side after probationary period
- Onsite Gymnasium