Leeds, West Yorkshire
£28000 - £43000 per annum
8 months ago
Job Role: Employment Solicitor/FCILEx/Senior Paralegal
Salary: £28,000 to £43,000 (DOE)
Hours: 35 hours - Monday to Friday
CLOSING DATE: 8TH JUNE 2018
Our client is a is a national law practice of around 1000 employees operating from offices in Bristol, Solihull, Leeds, Surrey, Cardiff and London, and our associated practice in Edinburgh, we also have employees based in onsite client offices in Whitstable.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effect and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals.
We are currently looking for an Employment Solicitor/FCILEx/Senior Paralegal to join the Employment team based in our Leeds office. The purpose of the role is to support the existing Employment team with non-contentious work, to run a caseload of legal expense insurer files and supervise junior case handlers.
Experience of working in the Employment field is essential and we are looking for a candidate with at least one year's qualified Employment experience, however we would consider other candidates if they have significant Employment experience.
- Advising clients on potential Employment Tribunal claims;
- Running a case load of Employment Tribunal claims, including drafting pleadings, drafting witness statements, negotiating settlements, and instructing counsel or advocates as necessary;
- Complying with insurer service level agreements;
- Supporting the employment team with non-contentious work, including provision of contractual documentation, handbooks and other employment documentation, together with provision of reactive and proactive employment advice to commercial clients;
- Participating in marketing initiatives, including writing updates on employment law and providing training sessions to clients;
- Ensuring accurate advice is given to clients;
- Supervision of junior case handlers;
- Using our case management system to progress files;
- Billing and invoicing.
- Previous Employment experience at Solicitor level or equivalent;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Effective time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (able to get on with colleagues, clients, other side solicitors etc);
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- The ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines;
- An organised approach to work;
- A positive attitude;
- The ability to run a caseload;
- Candidates must be a fully qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx or with equivalent experience.
- Previous Employment legal expense insurer experience;
- Experience of supervising junior case handlers.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effective and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals. With the Investors in People accreditation since 1998, we positively encourage our staff to progress and develop within the Company. We recognise that our continued growth and success is the direct result of the contribution of our staff.
Our wide range of benefits, include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits (including pension, childcare vouchers, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. We have an active social committee and support various charities/fundraising events across the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a wide range of candidates.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment.