Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
8 months ago
Temp to Perm
Job Title: Wiring Technician/Electrical Designer
General Purpose of Role:
Responsible for translating customer's information into production information that is understood by operators and creation of bills of materials.
- Develop and revise wiring harness assembly and installation drawings.
- Prepare and/or check documentation as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Work to quickly resolve electrical manufacturing and installation problems.
- Monitor and report status versus requirements.
- Provide electrical engineering guidance/counsel and communicate program information within the organization and supporting groups.
- Reverse engineer product
- Perform additional duties as directed.
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Understanding of Auto Cad is essential
- Familiarity with IPC wiring standards
- Competent Microsoft office skills
- Knowledge of electrical wiring
- Basic understanding of RS232/RS485, Modbus TCP protocols
- PCB Design (Basics)
- Experience of PPAP submissions and DFMA
- Programming experience. (Ideally scripting)
- MySQL Experience
- Experience in programming PLC Controllers
- Must be able to work either alone or as part of a team to solve problems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to generate alternative ideas