Crawley, West Sussex
9 months ago
As preferred recruitment partner for the UK's leading names in UPVC, Glass and Composite doors manufacturing. Centric Recruitment are looking to recruit a driver/ depot assistant working out of their distribution centre based in Crawley
This fantastic opportunity will enable Centric Recruitment to give the correct candidate a permanent position working Monday to Friday, 0730 to 1630 with immediate starts upon successful interview and excellent hourly rates of pay.
The role itself involves assisting the Depot Manager in the day to day running the of the Branch, carrying out duties such as offloading goods in, loading and delivering goods out to customers, dealing with Customers in their requirements, some KPA as detailed below;
- To maintain an excellent working relationship with a Depot Customers and with their colleagues.
- To be of smart appearance wearing the company uniform and any safety equipment that is provided to them.
- Making sure that all goods in are placed in the relevant depot racking and kept together in jobs in an organised manner.
- All goods received are to be checked, signed for and the relevant paperwork filed as per operational procedures. Any shortages or issues are to be reported immediately to the Depot Manager.
- You must ensure that all goods delivered or collected from each depot are to be dealt with as per company procedures, despatch notes must be signed for by each customer and all paperwork returned to the Depot Manager.
- Collecting payments from customers while delivering is as directed by the Depot Manager, any cash or cheques collected should be receipted to the customer in their duplicate book.
- Ensure that any company vehicles provided to them are regularly maintained and kept in a clean condition.
- Carry out banking duties as directed by the Depot Manager.
Please note you will be required to undertake a drugs screening prior to placement.