Up to £20321.6 per annum
4 months ago
Our client a leading specialist within the Food sector is looking to recruit an experienced Dispatch Supervisor to join their successful team based at their site in Pontypool.
* Motivate and lead your team of 6-8 individuals over 2 shifts to ensure that the product is packed, picked and dispatched correctly and in a timely manner.
* Use of C/B fork truck to load and unload products.
* Ensuring that the correct start up procedures take place at the start of the shift
* Organising the team between packing and dispatch areas for the most efficient use of personnel.
* Ensure that high quality is maintained at all times
* Controlling and recording all metal detection sheets, packing department sheets, line faults, temperature and traceability reports, all new and existing settings for the packing machines and all dispatch paperwork including delivery notes and best before dates.
* Enforce all company quality and hygiene standards and lead by example at all times.
* Maintain a clean and tidy dispatch area
* Oversee the training of staff members, ensuring there are adequate numbers of pickers and machine operators at all times
* Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times.
* Attend management meetings as and when required
The successful candidate:
* A positive/ can-do attitude
* A proven track record working in a similar role within the Food sector is essential.
* Team working is essential
* Hold a current Counter Balance fork truck licence is essential
* Be able to work well under pressure and have a resilient attitude
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer focus
* Flexible working attitude
* Previous experience of supervising/ managing a team in a manufacturing environment is required.
Hour of work, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
You must be willing to work weekends on occasion, however, this will be paid in addition to your normal hourly rate.