about 1 month ago
Customer Support Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of process innovation technologies, solutions and equipment serving the global electronics manufacturing industry.
Working as part of the Customer Support team, you will be responsible for the effective onsite installation, upgrade, servicing and repair of the company's equipment. This is a hands-on customer interfacing position.
* Installation and start-up of new equipment or upgrades at customer sites
* Servicing & maintenance of existing equipment including preventative maintenance of equipment in the field.
* Carrying out repairs in the field
* Establishing methods and procedures and evaluation of results of tests.
* Investigations into faults, failures and other defects
* Preparing of reports, technical notes etc relating to their work
* Liaising with other departments
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of all products and services
* Maintain good relationships with customers
* Qualified to degree or HNC in Electronic/Instrumentation or a recognised apprenticeship in a related subject.
This position will involve travel sometimes at very short notice primarily in Northern Europe but possibly required to support other regions of the world.
Key Behavioural Competencies
* Logical - Will need to think logically while under pressure.
* Disciplined -Will need to be capable of working alone without assistance or management.
* Composed - Will be required to work under the stress of high volume production environment.
PVD SWD systems is highly preferred plus ATL legacy pro