£36000 - £45000 per annum + Dependent on Experience
7 months ago
Our client is a key player within the Energy Industry. Due to their continued success and expansion, they are looking to appoint an Experienced Compliance Officer to join the company.
As a Compliance Officer you will direct the company in regulatory requirements specific to the energy market ensuring compliance with policies, legislation, standards and guidance, ensuring that all regulatory and environmental risks are minimised. You will report to the Head of Legal and will interface with operations, HSE, partners, regulators and management team.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Manage responses to consultations and RFIs from Ofgem and Citizens Advice
* Assist with the development and review of operational policies, processes behaviour to ensure they remain within regulatory requirements;
* Identify potential areas of conduct risk, understand relevant rules and guidance, be able to translate rules and guidance into compliant business practices;
* Develop robust programs to document, monitor, and report on compliance issues and outcomes;
* Support and build key relationships with Ofgem
* Proactively work with and influence Ofgem to shape and deliver changes in support of strategic direction
* Lead the implementation of key regulatory changes, ensuring understanding and effective implementation across the business
* Support on regulatory policy and changes
* Experience in the Energy industry in a similar role
* Preferably an understanding of business process outsourcing
* A deep understanding of all aspects of the energy markets and the challenges currently faced
* Developed a network across the industry with other participants, trade bodies, regulators
* A proven ability to interpret regulatory requirements and communicate them to operational teams in an understandable and digestible manner.
* Extremely self-motivated and able to operate independently and influence key stakeholders in a cross-functional and matrix style team environment.
* A proven track record on successfully implementing regulatory change