Up to £32000 per annum
6 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the food sector are looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Pontypool.
Providing a dedicated point of contact at the site in Pontypool, the role covers production adherence to both Technical and customers procedures alongside Production Quality and Food Safety.
To assume total accountability for process, people and plant; spanning from ingredient receipt onto the line storage area, through to sign-off of positive release processing. (Weighing process - Test Kitchen).
* Ensure production across all shifts is working to procedural requirements in line with standards set by the customer / technical team through on line observation and guidance.
* Check and review paperwork accuracy, witness procedure adherence e.g. metal detection and any out of specifications have been highlighted and corrective actions has been completed.
* Compile and maintain report/ list of non- compliances and communicate to relevant team members and decide on robust corrective action.
* Conduct daily foreign body Risk Assessments - prioritise as high, medium or low risk, communicate to relevant team members to rectify, within given timescales.
* Weekly meetings to discuss non - conformances and foreign body risks, along with action plans and continuous improvement activities.
* To identify the root cause of all complaints and help decide on corrective action, with the demonstrable reduction in complaints.
* Recipe/ methodology changes - production issues on line to organise and review bake offs and report on findings.
* Daily review of positive release bake offs - any issues escalated to relevant team members.
* To maintain customer standards and ensure they are at the forefront of production focus.
* To identify any non-compliances and escalate through the correct channels (As outlined) in a timely manner. Examples of which shall include but not be limited to Core temperature Control DLB set up and box count verification, Packaging quality and legibility of box printing
* Conduct appointed store visits as and when required.
* To assist with the training and mentoring of staff associated with production, including the formulation of SOP's
* Highlight and raise GMP standards across lines of production including hygiene standards
* To co-ordinate and see through to completion all factory trials and report outcomes.
* To compile daily, weekly, monthly statistical data and present as required.
* To monitor waste, output, efficiency and stock figures.
The successful candidate:
* Experience of Food Manufacturing & associated standards and requirements
* Good Communication skills are essential
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential
* Must have a proven track record working in a similar role.