Up to £32000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the food sector are looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Torfaen.
Providing a dedicated point of contact at the site, the role covers production adherence to both Technical and Customer procedures alongside Production Quality and Food Safety.
To assume total accountability for process, people and plant; spanning from ingredient receipt through to approved despatch.
- Ensure production across all shifts are working to procedural requirements in line with standards set by the customer / technical team through on line observation and guidance.
- Check and review paperwork accuracy, witness procedure adherence e.g. metal detection ensuring any out of specifications have been highlighted and corrective actions have been completed.
- Compile and maintain report/ list of non- compliances and communicate to relevant team members and decide / assist with robust corrective action.
- Conduct daily foreign body Risk Assessments - prioritise as high, medium or low risk, communicate to relevant team members to rectify, within given timescales.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss non - conformances and foreign body risks, along with action plans and continuous improvement activities.
- To identify the root cause of all complaints and help decide on corrective action, with the demonstrable reduction in complaints.
- Recipe/ methodology changes - production issues on line to organise and review and report on findings.
- To maintain customer standards and ensure they are at the forefront of production focus.
- To identify any non-compliances and escalate through the correct channels (As outlined) in a timely manner.
- Conduct appointed store visits as and when required.
- To assist with the training and mentoring of staff associated with production, including the formulation of SOP's
- Highlight and raise GMP standards across lines of production including hygiene standards
- To co-ordinate and see through to completion all associated trials and report outcomes.
- To compile daily, weekly, monthly statistical data and present as required.
- To monitor waste, output, efficiency and stock figures.
The successful candidate:
- Experience of Food Manufacturing & associated standards and requirements
- Good Communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Must have a proven track record working in a similar role.