Up to £8.5 per hour
4 months ago
Our client, a leading company within their industry are looking to recruit a CNC Operator to join their growing team, based at their site in Caerphilly.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will be an active member of the production team ensuring that all clients' expectations are met and you achieve a high standard of quality.
Role / Responsibilities:
* Set, prove & fully machine parts as required from programmes supplied from our Production Engineering team.
* Edit Programs as required to suit material conditions.
* Program components on machine using drawings/information provided if necessary.
* Save all programs and set up sheets after every job identifying areas for improvement.
* Highlight any specific tooling or material issues to Operations Manager.
* Ensure on time delivery of machined parts.
* Must be able to set machine parameters to specific tolerances.
* 1st off & in-process inspection ensuring quality of parts is to the standard required.
* Work with minimum supervision.
* Work within a team environment.
* A very high level of housekeeping must be maintained at all times in workshops and around machines.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Experience setting and operating CNC machines
* Experience within a mechanical engineering environment.
* A good understanding of measurement tools and gauges.
* Ability to check and measure own work.
* Able to read and understand technical drawings and work to tight tolerances.
* Highly motivated.
* Good level of communication.
* Must be able to work well as part of a team, and make an active part in team working and achievement of objectives.
* Must be able or work accurately and efficiently.
The role is on a shift basis alternating between Days 6:00am - 2:00pm and Afternoons 2:00pm - 10:00pm ( Shift allowance is added for afternoon shifts)
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV or contact Rebecca on 01495 363936 / 01443 801580.