Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
Up to £39000 per annum + depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturing company are looking to recruit an experienced CNC Operator/Setter/Programmer to join their successful team based at their site in Rhondda Cynon Taff.
To set and run machines ensuring maximum production is achieved to quality standards, while also inspecting parts produced, notifying of any areas of concern. Adjust set ups/alter programmers sharpen tools as and when required, ensuring that maximum production is achieved.
You will have responsibility for your work output while available to help with the setting of machines for operators, informing Team Leaders or Supervisors of any production problems.
* To communicate with Team Leaders or Supervisors of any issues relating to production, informing of parts not being to tolerance.
* To programme, set and operate using mazatrol controls.
* Support the operators in machine set ups.
* Work in the most effective ways, making machine adjustments, as and when required.
* Work in accordance of the quality system.
* Ensure on the job self-inspection.
* To comply with all reasonable requests made by the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
* To assist in the training of apprentices.
* Ensure all aspects of safety standards are kept at all times within the production department to comply with health and safety procedures and regulations that are laid down in the Group Health and Safety policy.
* Ensure cleanliness and good housekeeping at all times.
The successful candidate:
* Time served Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
* Experience of machining engineering plastics and composite materials.
* Communication skills
* Proven background of CNC Machining with exposure working on Mazak machinery using Mazatrol controls.
* Must have the ability to programme CNC machinery as well as modify programmes
* A "can-do" attitude to ensure delivery of the highest output.
* Adhere to tight deadlines, multitask.
* Detail-orientated, with a high level of attention to avoid errors.
* Fast-paced, astute and proactive.
* Self-motivated and energised.
* A flexible approach and willingness to work additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business.
Must be prepared to work mornings and afternoon shifts.