Up to £21500 per annum
5 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the Automotive sector is looking to recruit an experienced CMM Operator/Programmer to join their successful team based at their site in Caerphilly.
* Operating Mitutoyo CMM machine and recording of results.
* Read, interpret and understand Engineering drawings, standards, geometrical tolerances and surface finishes.
* Ensure that there are detailed Inspection Plans for all parts and that such plans are issue controlled; this includes CMM programs.
* Conduct and record routine inspection on production parts using CMM, projectors, micrometres, Vernier gauges, dial gauges and more.
* Confident decision-making to sign off parts.
* Carrying out inspections on time and in line with manufacturing process.
* Working closely with Production to ensure that quantities are met.
* Ensure that all inspection equipment, including CMMs, is maintained to a high standard and calibrated as necessary.
Skills and Experience required:
* Skilled CMM Inspector.
* Experience of Mitutoyo CMM Measuring (Desirable).
* Experience operating medium/large CMM machines.
* Knowledge of PC-DMIS and CAD++ (Desirable).
* Experience working within the automotive sector.
* Able to read and correctly interpret close tolerance engineering drawings and geometric tolerances (GDT).
* Experience using precision measuring equipment i.e. Micrometres, Vernier's, Height Gauges, Micrometres.
* Comfortable working to deadlines and tolerances.
* Experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
* Computer literate.
* Team player.
* Good attention to detail.
* Pride in work.
* Safe and efficient approach to work.
* Able to work to relevant H&S standards