Neath Port Talbot, Wales
Up to £8.03 per hour
3 months ago
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
Service Specific Responsibilities
The post holder will be required to work as part of a Business Support Team undertaking general administrative duties; typing, filing, responding to telephone calls, photocopying, updating management systems, provision of information and general advice to individuals, landlords and agencies, the ordering of supplies and processing of invoices, processing reference checks and the collation of statistical information.
* To ensure accurate and timely updating of the client management system; inputting applications, updating information, issuing of decision letters at the direction of the Housing Options Officers
* To undertake regular customer feedback and gather views from customers on how to improve service delivery; provide timely reports to the Senior Housing Options Officer.
* To respond to referrals from Building Societies and RSL's in respect of repossession action with the aim of preventing homelessness.
* When required to liaise with applicants, landlords and agencies to assist with the efficient move on of clients from interim and temporary accommodation.
* To assist the Accommodation Officer in the issuing and recording of petty cash payments.
* To assist the Accommodation Officer to undertake tasks associated with the offer of temporary, interim or permanent accommodation, including signing of license and tenancy agreements. Ensuring clients are aware of the respective responsibilities of both landlord and tenant.
* As required to assist in undertaking tasks associated with the administration of rent in advance, cash bonds and admin fees and when required to assist with the prompt payment of rent to landlords and agents and provision of financial statements.
* To produce statistical returns and reports as required by the Manager Housing Options Team and Senior Housing Options Officer
* To participate in supervision and appraisals, and undertake any training requirements identified via that process.
* To adhere to all Corporate, Directorate and Service Health and Safety policies and procedures
* Ensure good practice at all times according to agreed performance standards, service guidelines and to comply with Corporate and Directorate Policy
* In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility of the post.
* This is an outline of the job as it presently exists. The Job Description will be examined periodically and updated to ensure that it related to the job currently being performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are proposed by the client. Any such changes will be subject to consultation with the post holder. It will be the clients aim to reach agreement to reasonable change, but, if agreement is not possible, the client reserves the right to insist on changes, following consultation.