£35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus, pension, health, dental
4 months ago
ATE Test Equipment Engineer
This position is a key member of the Engineering team, in charge of improving, sustaining and troubleshooting equipment
* Ownership of a defined equipment toolset - identified as site level tool expert
* Publish and own tool recovery plans for owned tool sets that have been down for > 24 hours
* Provide highly innovative solutions for non-standard equipment issues to enable tool recoveries from issues with very high cost or no obvious solution (even with Vendor support)
* Approve / Critique detailed technical procedures for Equipment PMs/Tool Operation/OCAPS
* Weekly reporting of key tool indices (OEE, Availability, PM KPIs)
* Define / Manage Department budget for defined tool sets
* Coordinate probe card repair routes and expedite priority repairs as appropriate
* Drive OEE improvement through baseline equipment analysis and improvement projects working with IE, Process, Integration, R&D, Vendors.
* Manage all scheduled maintenance
* Lean manufacturing: identifying opportunities to eliminate waste with in multiple toolsets /modules/platforms- operator time, PM extensions, process simplification, qual reduction.
* 6S: take full ownership, drive improvement and set appropriate standards for 6S disciplines on toolset and ancillaries/storage areas.
* Own tool start-up process from purchase to release to Tier2 for tool installations
* Detailed understanding of facilities requirements for tool groupings
* Degree/HND/HNC in Electronic engineering is preferred.
* Strong training skills and technical familiarity with product and equipment.
* 3 years relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of ATE.
* Ability to work flexible hours.
* Ability to work effectively in teams.
* Ability to empower and listen to others.
* Detailed knowledge of TEST equipment and systems
* Familiar with all modern manufacturing concepts such as; JIT, Kaizen, Zero Defects, SPC, TQM and TPM.
* Experienced in driving continuous improvement activities and projects for assigned measurables.
* Highly motivated, results orientated customer service orientated, strong leadership and communication skills.
* Electroglas and TEL probers
* Teradyne/ASL/HP test systems
* PRVX probe card analyser
* Sound electronic / mechanical experience required.
* Excellent fault-finding skills required, preferably to component level
* Employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and stoop kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Typing and Computer work with the ability to lift or move approximately 10 pounds.