Up to £14.79 per hour
about 1 month ago
Social surveys play a vital role in monitoring and driving appropriate change in social policy. Our client's PE&I team play a critical role in the development and implementation of edit and imputation strategies designed (a) to improve data quality emerging from early data collection processes, and (b) to reduce the risk of inaccuracy and bias in statistical outputs by implementing statistical edit and imputation methods to resolve inconsistent and/or missing data.
The post requires experience of working on statistical projects, an understanding of statistical data, and a good understanding of basic analyses techniques. Programming skills are also essential for the day-to-day work of the Branch with the main focus of the post given over to the application of editing and imputation methods on complex social survey data through code based processing platforms and statistical tools. PE&I is an extremely collaborative customer focused discipline, so good communication skills in verbal and written formats are also important.
To meet the evolving needs of survey owners and consumers of statistical data the post-holder will be expected to
(i) engage with the theory that underpins E&I methodology
(ii) engage with coding and recoding of data processing platforms
(iii) implement and evaluate editing and imputation methods to current ONS surveys,
(iv) engage with customers and stakeholders with respect to quality issues and managing significant delivery deadlines.
There is a training period associated with this post to bring people up to speed with the processing platforms and imputation methodology.
Relevant Qualifications Skills and Experience:
- At least a second-class honours degree with a postgraduate qualification and/or relevant work experience in a discipline or area with a strong statistical, mathematical, or research component.
- Experience of working on research or statistical projects with specific delivery deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a detailed understanding of statistical data, and good understanding of basic analytical techniques.
- Able to work individually or as part of team, monitoring quality and delivering high quality outcomes.
- Written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to speak/liaise/communicate with ONS customers.