£28000 - £32000 per annum
2 months ago
Our client a leading Retailer is looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Distribution Centre Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Basildon.
To ensure the optimum contribution of the entire team to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the DC operation. Take responsibility for the day to day running of the DC in the absence of the manager.
* Oversees the unloading and receipt of goods into the DC in line with company policy and practices to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders.
* Oversees, and contributes where necessary, to the removal of packaging from goods received and supervises the disposal of waste materials in line with company policy to ensure a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
* Oversees and assists team members with the moving, handling and storage of goods within the DC in line with established policy and work practices to ensure the good condition of the customer goods and optimum use of DC space and facilities.
* Oversees and undertakes quality inspections of goods for delivery, agrees and/or initiates remedial action as required and ensures goods are wrapped for despatch in line with company policy and established working practices.
* Oversees team members in the moving, handling and loading of goods, for delivery to customers, in line with established company policy and working practices to ensure the safe despatch, in perfect condition, of customer's goods.
* Assists and supports the Distribution Centre Manager in the maintenance of security of the premises, personnel and stock in particular securing and alarming premises and undertaking the morning security procedures in line with established company practices.
* Provides leadership and guidance to supervisors and all other team members, including training and developing and motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance.
* Where required, deals with customer enquiries and complaints to ensure a high standard of customer satisfaction is achieved.
* Assists and supports the Distribution Centre Manager with the maintenance of systems to ensure the cost-effective use of delivery vehicles and staff, in turn ensuring the timely delivery of customer orders and optimum performance.
* Supervises the completion of all checks and documentation required by law on delivery vehicles and ensures that the appropriate documentation is kept on file and available for inspection at all times.
* Assists and contributes to the effective control of stock levels, ensuring that monitoring of stock takes place in line with the DC manual.
* Pro-actively contributes to the day-to-day management of Health and Safety within the DC, in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy to ensure the safety of subordinates at work. Including ensuring that every member of the team regularly undertakes Health and Safety refresher training and weekly Health and Safety checks are carried out and filed at Head Office.
The successful candidate:
* Able to successfully achieve and exceed targets and objectives
* Proven organisational skills and attentive to detail
* Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Effectively contributes when working in a team environment
* Able to accurately follow instruction and Company policy
* Strives to achieve consistently high levels of customer service
* Able to lead and motivate individuals and a team to meet the needs of the business
* CPC qualified would be an advantage
* Home delivery experience would be a distinct advantage