Up to £44000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
4 months ago
Area Leader Opportunities (x2)
These opportunities are not to be missed!
Our client are leading manufacturing experts within their field and advancing the pace of innovation.
Due to significant growth they are looking to recruit x2 an experienced Area Leaders to join their successful, professional team, based at their site in Bridgend.
This position is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination of all aspects of a manufacturing business unit on a shift basis, including adhering to established quality, production, and regulatory standards, staffing, production output, costs and customer order fill rates.
This company is seeking individuals with the drive and leadership skills to make a difference in the new business unit structure.
Looking for someone who: -
* Adheres to and is in compliance with all safety procedures and practices. Immediately reports any safety concerns or violations to management. Is proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
* Maintains positive contacts both within the immediate group and with other areas for exchange of information. Works as part of a group within each process.
* Learns and applies concepts of lean manufacturing as applied to assigned area. Helps complete visual management (SQDP) tools as directed. Adheres to the 6S requirements of assigned area and is responsible for regular audits.
* Participates in process improvement activity with other members of the business unit, enforces lean practices and sustainability and ensures standards are maintained, including adherence to 6S standards, SQDP board information accuracy and value, visual management, quality KPI's and first pass yield performance.
* Consistently achieves individual production output targets and productivity objectives set by the production supervisor for your allocated areas.
* Drives root cause and corrective action within the BU for issues affecting performance.
* In conjunction with the Production Supervisor works with the maintenance team, to ensure optimum machine availability within the cell.
* Where necessary and appropriate will deputies for the Production Supervisor in team meetings, business unit meetings or in discussions with functional teams.
* Works in conjunction with the Production Supervisor to ensure departmental training plans are kept up to date and, where necessary, help with the training of operators to ensure the highest standards of compliance.
You will have: -
* Experience of working with continuous improvement tools (Such as 5S, CAPA, RCA, VoE and TPS).
* Competent in using MS Office
* Knowledge of engineering processes, including CNC operations (milling, turning and grinding performed).
* Experience of audits, GMP practices and regulations
The successful candidate:-
* HND or equivalent in an Engineering subject (flexible)
* Background in Medical Device Manufacturing or highly regulated industry.
* Experience with quality tools such as Minitab and be conversant with report writing using Microsoft Excel, Excel and SAP systems.
* Good understanding of clean room operations and sterilization validation would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of products and processes would be advantageous i.e. Metal cutting, Polishing Operations, Coatings and Wash processes.