Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£20000 - £22000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client a leading specialist with the manufacturing sector is looking to recruit an experienced Application Support/Junior Developer to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
The Application Support/ Junior Developer's role is to provide support to the IT Manager in order to ensure the streamlined and reliable operation of IT systems and architecture in alignment with the business objectives of the organisation. This individual will need to be multi-disciplined in order to not only assist in the development of new systems, but also provide hands on support of current systems and infrastructure.
The Application Support/ Junior Developer will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation.
* Scope and design modular functions to create a core internal data capture and reporting system/ cross function, bespoke. Liaison with key departments to decommission legacy spreadsheets to ultimately increase productivity.
* Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
* Manage the deployment, integration, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including network servers, company website, telephone systems, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software applications, and peripherals.
* Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
* Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
* Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of business needs.
* Keep current with the latest technologies.
* Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
* Ensure security and integrity of data, both internally and externally.
* Scheduling of upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
* Maintain, update and improve company website, monitor and report on all website activity.
The successful candidate:
* Formal Education & Certification
* Degree in computer science, ICT or technology management and several years IT experience.
* SQL administrator level certification.
* Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 including Active Directory.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
* Knowledge of SAGE 200 and its processes and applications in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong technical knowledge of PC operating systems, networking, website and communication technologies and protocols.
* Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, architecture design, and standards.
* Proficient in .Net, C# and C++ programming
* Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
* In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong understanding of project management principles.
* Strong understanding and experience of crystal reports, or other report writing software.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.