£9.50 - £10.5 per hour
about 2 months ago
Temp to Perm
Purpose of the Post
The aim of this position is to provide group accounts payable services to the group of companies, manage supplier payments and expectations and keep accurate accounts payable records.
This is a part time position working 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This role sits in a team of three, based in our Swansea office and reports to the Group Ledgers Controller.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Payables Phone and Emails
- Update Group Payables Spread sheet
- Group Banks Reconciliation
- Raising receipts and payments (including I/C transactions) for all bank a/cs
- When required Raise New Purchase Ledger Accounts
- Payables Spread sheet update
- Reconciliation of suppliers statements
- Prepare Suggested Payments
- Generate Suggested Payments
- Run Aged Creditors, Validate items in 90 days plus, report back to Group Ledgers Controller
- Carry out Transfer for Inter Company & Suspense provided by Group Ledgers Controller and report back to Financial Controller
- GROUP CIS Submission
- PAYE/NI/CIS/CSA Payment in time for 21st day of calendar month.
- Pension Submission & Payment in time for 19th Day of calendar month
- Posting Petty Cash
- VAT Return
- CIS Return
- Apr - P11d Preparation & Class 1A Return
- Jul - Class 1A Return Payment
- Any other adhoc tasks requested by Group Ledgers Controller and Group Financial Controller
- Verify existing Purchase Ledger Credit Terms
- Resolve HMRC Queries (Letters, Penalties, Late Submissions, etc)
- Maintain Group HP & Lease Documentation - ALL Equipment.
- Assisting & cover for Group Ledgers Controller & Financial Controller with Audit
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Strong Bookkeeping experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software in particular Excel (pivots, lookups)
- Great interpersonal, telephone and communications skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent time management
- Confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of HMRC legislation
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to work in a team environment and unsupervised as appropriate
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Sage Accounting
- Holder of a full clean UK driving licence
- To have good general business and commercial awareness.
It is expected that this position will interact with all members of staff at all levels
Code of Conduct
Employees are required to:
- Apply company values into all work practices; (People First, Leading Safety & Solution Focused)
- Carry out instructions issued by line managers.
- Act in the best interests of the Group
- Contribute to the full extent of their capabilities so as to achieve the most effective operational standards and practice.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety Policy
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Company's other policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and updated and advised to employees from time to time.
- Maintain high standards of attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Company, our Clients and business associates.
Contractual Hours: 25 per week