2 months ago
Role Summary: To deliver customer orders in line with company policy, procedures and customer expectations and as the last point of contact with the customer ensure that the company's obligations and customer service levels have been achieved. To ensure that work is carried out with due care and attention and all Health and Safety issues considered.
Core Performance Areas:
* Undertakes daily vehicle inspection routines in line with relevant legislation and Company policy, ensuring that all relevant documentation is fully completed, appropriately filed and available for inspection at all times.
* Assists as required with moving, handling and loading of goods onto the vehicle in line with established Company policy and work practices, adhering to legislative restrictions to ensure the safe despatch, in perfect condition, of customer goods.
* Unloads goods and delivers them into customers homes in line with established policy and working practices to ensure the safe receipt in perfect condition by the customer of their goods. * Assists DC team members with the moving, handling and storage of goods in line with established policy and work practices to ensure the good condition of customer goods and optimum use of space and facilities.
* Undertakes, as required, quality inspections of goods for delivery, initiates remedial action as required and ensures goods are wrapped for despatch in line with company policy and established working practices.
* Contributes effectively to general good house keeping within the DC to ensure the achievement of a clean and healthy working environment and assists with basic maintenance of equipment to ensure optimum performance of moving and handling aids.
* Pro-actively contributes to the day-to-day management of Health and Safety within the DC, in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy, to ensure personal safety at work.
* Taking responsibility for checking the vehicle in accordance with road transport requirements and Company policy. Ensuring that all public and personal safety requirements are met while out in the vehicle and that the driving standards are high and at all times in keeping with the law.
* Taking responsibility for Health and Safety while delivering into the customers' homes and other premises, ensuring that Manual Handling safety requirements are met and any issues are reported to the DC Manager.
* Undertakes, as required, other duties in keeping with the general nature of the position.
* Maintains up to date and appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies to ensure ongoing satisfactory work performance.
Licensed to drive a 7.5 tonne vehicle
* CPC qualification preferred.
* Maintains a smart personal appearance
* Understands the safety requirements of operating a vehicle and is familiar with the use and regulation of tachographs
* Proven organisational skills and attentive to detail
* Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Effectively contributes when working in a team environment
* Able to accurately follow instruction and Company policy
* Strives to achieve consistently high levels of customer service